How to make Asian Chicken and Pasta Salad?
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled Chinese hoisin sauce (essential)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Salad:
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 medium nectarines or peaches, sliced
- 2 cups baby bok choy, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Prepare the Dressing: Whisk together the reduced-sodium chicken broth, soy sauce, Chinese hoisin sauce, sugar, toasted sesame oil, minced garlic cloves, grated ginger, crushed red pepper flakes (if desired), and black pepper until the dressing is well combined.
- Cook the Chicken: Poach the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in barely simmering water for 12–15 minutes, covered, or until they are no longer pink inside. Drain, let them cool slightly, and then cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Cook the Pasta: While the chicken is cooking, prepare the angel hair pasta according to the package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and toss it with 3 tablespoons of the prepared dressing.
- Assemble the Salad: Plate up the dressed pasta on 4 plates and top it with the cooked chicken pieces, sliced nectarines or peaches, shredded baby bok choy, and sliced green onions.
- Drizzle with Dressing: Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad to enhance the flavors.
- Serve: Your Asian chicken and pasta salad is now ready to be served and enjoyed.
Savor the exquisite blend of flavors in this Asian-inspired chicken and pasta salad. It’s a delightful combination of tender chicken, angel hair pasta, fresh fruit, and a delectable Asian dressing that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Try this healthy and satisfying salad today!