The Suunto Ambit watch is a popular choice among outdoor enthusiasts and athletes for its advanced GPS features. However, there may be instances when the watch fails to connect to satellites or displays inaccurate GPS data. In such cases, it is recommended to reset the satellite settings on your watch to resolve the issue.
Follow these steps to reset the satellite on your Suunto Ambit watch:
- Open the menu on your Suunto Ambit watch by pressing the middle button.
- Scroll down and select ‘Settings’.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and select ‘General’.
- Scroll down again and select ‘Satellite’.
- In the satellite menu, select ‘Reset’.
- A confirmation message will appear asking if you want to reset the satellite settings. Select ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Wait for a few seconds while the watch resets the satellite settings.
- Once the reset is complete, the watch will automatically start searching for satellites.
- Keep your Suunto Ambit watch outdoors and in an open area to allow it to acquire satellite signals.
If your Suunto Ambit watch still fails to connect to satellites after resetting the settings, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure that the watch is updated to the latest firmware version. You can check for updates through the SuuntoLink software.
- Make sure that the GPS antenna on the watch is clean and free from any debris or dirt.
- Reset the watch to factory settings if the issue persists. Note that this will erase all data and settings on the watch, so make sure to back up any important information.
- If none of the above steps work, contact Suunto customer support for further assistance.
Resetting the satellite settings on your watch can help resolve GPS connection issues and ensure accurate tracking of your outdoor activities. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily reset the satellite settings on your watch and get back to enjoying your adventures with confidence.